Checking Ontario Driver’s Abstracts Before EmploymentMarch 5, 2019
Checking A Driving Record in Ontario
If the position you’re hiring for requires a candidate to drive frequently, it is recommended that you check their driving record. Verifying that an applicant’s driving record is accurate and within acceptable standards can help you to avoid any problems. This may include traffic violations or accidents that were not mentioned during the interview process. To learn more about how obtaining a driver’s abstract improves your hiring, view our blog.
What Is Considered a Clean Driving Record?
A clean driving record is one that doesn’t have any accidents, moving violations or demerit points. Each employer will determine what they find to be a bad driving record. While some may not mind things such as speeding tickets, others may want a completely clean record.
The Different Types of Ontario Driving Records
- Statement of Driving Record – This is a 3-year abstract that lists accidents, demerit points, tickets or suspensions reported on the driver’s license.
- Statement of Driving Record (5-year) – If you require a more extensive history that goes back further than the standard three years, a five-year abstract can be used.
- Driver License History – This isn’t a report necessarily, but a history of an individual’s driver’s license. It shows when the license class was changed, when it was renewed and also when it was replaced.
- Extended Driver Record – This is a 3-year record that includes everything found in a driving record as well as any Highway Traffic Act or criminal convictions throughout Canada.
What Do We Offer?
At RightFit Plus, we offer a 3-year uncertified driver abstract. The information included in this abstract includes:
- The applicant’s name as it appears on the driver’s license
- Their driver’s license number
- Their date of birth
- Their legal sex
- The license class (G1, G2, G, M)
- Any conditions and endorsements for driving such as the need to wear glasses or contact lenses while driving, being certified to drive a vehicle with air-breaks, and more
- The license status including whether it is valid or suspended
- The earliest date an individual obtained their license as well as its expiry date
- Any active fines or suspensions, Highway Traffic Act and Criminal Code of Canada convictions, and suspensions or reinstatements over the past three years
Order A Record from RightFit Plus
Our pre-employment services are effective and deliver accurate, useful results. To learn more about the driver’s abstract services offered by RightFit Plus, contact us at 905-604-4951 or toll-free at 1-888-604-4951.