What You Should Know About Personality TestsApril 10, 2019
When you apply for a new position, you may be asked to take a personality assessment. There are no right or wrong answers, and employers use the results to help differentiate candidates and determine who is the best fit for their organization.
Why Employers Use Personality Tests
- See if You Fit the Company Culture – Each company has a unique culture, and a personality test helps determine whether someone will fit in well. For example, a laid-back, relaxed person may not do as well in a serious corporate environment.
- See if You Are a Good Fit for the Role/Team – Some roles, such as sales, require a specific type of personality. An assessment can help the company see if you will do well in the position.
- Determine Your Communication Style – Good communication is essential, no matter what role you work in. How you communicate is important, especially if the position you’re applying for is a management or customer-focused job.
For more information about why employers use personality testing, view our blog.
What a Personality Test is Not
- Judgement About Who You Are – Rest assured that there are no incorrect answers and the results aren’t going to be used to judge who you are or what you can do in your life.
- A Magic “Tell-All” – While you may learn more about yourself while doing a personality assessment, it isn’t a magic test that teaches you everything about who you are.
What to Expect from Personality Tests
There are a variety of personality tests available online that you may be familiar with. Compare two of the most common types to the one offered by RightFit Plus.
- Type 1 – This test assesses your work style, learning, and communication and determines the dominant traits to help you understand:
- How you get your energy
- How you learn new information
- How you make decisions
- How you organize your world
- Type 2 – This test is often used in corporate training. It also determines your dominant traits to help you learn more about your traits and personality.
- Type 3 – The RightFit Plus Personality Test provides an in-depth summary and information in relation to 18 character and talent traits.
When you get the results back from a personality assessment with RightFit Plus, we make it easy for you to understand what they mean and help employers choose the perfect candidate. To learn more about the services we provide, contact us at 905-604-4951 or toll-free at 1-888-604-4951.